I admit, I can’t have enough beaded bracelets. They’re easy to slip on when I need to look put together outside the studio during the day, and transition well to more formal occasions as well. Since it usually wraps around the wrist several times, a memory wire bracelet can also give you the trendy stacked bracelet look without needing to have a whole jewelry box full of individual bangles.
I made this beaded bracelet and earrings set for a fundraiser auction (posted on my Instagram last week), and I’m thrilled with the way it turned out. I chose faceted glass beads, Czech beads, and shiny silver findings to give as much brightness and sparkle as possible.
If you’d like to make a beaded bracelet and earring set of your own, a memory wire bracelet is a great place to start, since it doesn’t require a lot of fancy wire work.
For the bracelet, you will need memory wire (large bracelet size for adults), wire cutters, needlenose jewelry pliers, and your choice of beads. You’ll also need earring findings and eye pins or head pins if you’d like to make matching earrings.
To make a basic memory wire bracelet:
- Cut memory wire to desired length using wire cutters.
- Make loop in wire using pliers to create end of bracelet and secure beads.
- String beads in desired order on wire, leaving 1/2″ exposed wire on end.
- Make loop in wire using pliers to finish bracelet and secure beads.
To make matching beaded earrings:
- String coordinating beads in desired order onto eye pin.
- Feed end of pin through earring finding and make finishing loop with pliers to secure pin.
- Repeat for second earring.
Make memory wire bracelets in a variety of different metals and bead styles to match the clothes you wear most, and you’ll always be able to accessorize your favorite outfits quickly. I love bringing them on vacation, since I can pack one bracelet to match several outfits. Convenient and stylish!
Thanks for stopping by!